Alumni Spotlight Stephanie Janysek
Former Storm athlete, Stephanie Janysek, played for Storm four years. She came to us her freshman year from Sinton High School and was always one of the hardest working players on the court. Not only did she excel on the court but in her academics as well.
Stephanie talks about her experience at Storm.
“When I first walked into the Storm gym I was this shy little freshman not sure of myself or my volleyball skills. During the four years I was there, the coaches helped me gain the confidence I needed in order to pursue my dream of playing volleyball in college. I feel as if they chased my dream with me as they spent countless extra hours in the gym working with me. They truly care about each and everyone of their players. I think of them as family and am forever grateful for what Storm did for me.”
While at Sinton some of her athletic accomplishments were as follows:
- Texas Girls Coaches Association Class 4-A All-State Volleyball Academic First Team -2015
- Texas High School Coaches Association All-State Volleyball Academic First Team – 2015
- All-District Volleyball Honorable Mention
- All-District Volleyball Second Team – 2015
- All-District Academic First Team – Volleyball (2015, 2014, 2013), Tennis (2016, 2014, 2013), Basketball (2014)
- Academic First Team
Her hard work and determination carried her to move on to the collegiate ranks where she will be starting her second season at the University of Dallas. You can see her full bio HERE.
Some of her accomplishments from her freshman year at the University of Dallas were:
SCAC Fall Student-Athlete Academic Honor Roll- 2016
HER 2016 STAT NOTABLES
- Played 24 matches (40 sets)
- 76 assists
- Two service aces
- 39 digs
- Seven kills
- Season-high 12 assists (Sept. 2 vs. LeTourneau)
Stephanie also helps with our clinics and camps when she is home from college. We are so proud of Stephanie and all she has accomplished. We know there is even more in store for her.